Friday, October 15, 2010

Really Healthy Granola

I made an awesome batch of granola the other day.  It was my 4th attempt at making granola and I think I finally found the combination of ingredients that works to make this the best tasting granola ever!  I topped my first bowl of it with a nice ripe banana and ice cold 40 calorie almond milk.

I love the fact that Almond Breeze has 3 different calorie ranges for it's almond milk.  Of course I love the 90 calorie version but really I don't need it sweet for this granola so I go with the 40 calories.

I used my dehydrator to crisp it up rather than use the oven.  Why....I just love my dehydrator!  If you don't have a dehydrator just turn your oven to its very lowest setting and place the granola in the oven for however long it takes to crisp it.  Turn the granola every 15 minutes or so just so the bottom will crisp.  You'll know when it is dry because it no long sticks to the pan and slides around on the pan easily.

So here's the recipe and sorry I still haven't found my camera since my return from Singapore.


Really Healty Granola

One bag of Bob's Red Mill 5 grain
4 dates soaked
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup goji berries
1/8 cup grade b maple syrup
2 apples diced
cinnamon
nutmeg


Pour grains in bowl.  Mash dates include some of the sweet date water to make a watery paste.  Add all the ingredients together and mix until all ingredients are slightly moiste.  dehydrate for about 14 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment